Maintain your freedom with bike repair workshops at Assabet River Bicycles. The Park Tool School at Assabet River Bicycles lets you learn how to take care of your own bike, under the helpful supervision of our expert mechanics. Classes are based on curriculums and materials in Big Blue Book of Bicycle Repair – 3rd Edition, by Calvin Jones.
Classes are available at different levels, for novice to advance rider/mechanics. The topics for each level are similar, but the depth of coverage varies. Please contact us at the store if you have questions about which level is right for you.
- Pre-register for your class choice. Classes are posted in Upcoming Events.
- Bring your bike. It’s what you will be working on.
- Bring the textbook Big Blue Book of Bicycle Repair – 3rd Edition.
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Bring a great attitude and plenty of questions (cookies help too).
Workshops take place in an active service area. You will be using tools and equipment. For your safety we ask that you wear closed toe shoes, tie up long hair and remove jewelry.
Necessary tools for all classes are provided.
Class Topics and Times
- Wheel, Tires, and Tube Service Class: 2-hour session
- New Rider Maintenance: 2.25-hour session
- Novice Class: 7-hour course
- Intermediate Class: 10.5-hour course
- Advanced Class: 17-hour course
Individual customized clinics and programs are available by request. Please contact us for more information.